Period 3 covers the years 1754 – 1800.
Below are the assignments for this unit.
Review for Period 3
- Quizlet Chapter 4 AMSCO
- Quizlet Chapter 5 AMSCO
- Quizlet Chapter 6 AMSCO
- Khan Academy Period 3
- Period 3 Exam Review
Videos for Period 3 Homework and Review by Adam Norris
Why were these years chosen for this period?
- 1754 marked the beginning of the 7 Years War (French and Indian) which the British would win and end its longstanding policy of salutary neglect. 1800 marked the election of Thomas Jefferson, which some historians have called The Revolution of 1800.
Potential Short Answer Questions/Essay Topics Include:
The following videos will help you complete the Period 3 Review Packet.
- What four major events occurred in 1763?
- Identify and define three examples of salutary neglect ending after the 7 Years War.
- Thomas Paine’s Common Sense
- What were three reasons the Patriots were successful in the Revolutionary War? Check out THIS Hamilton song that describes an important one.
- Recap of the Articles
- Northwest Land Ordinance (video at 2:24)
- How can Daniel Shays’ be seen as a contributor to the Constitution? (video at 4:22)
- Recap of the Constitution
- Recap of Hamilton’s Plan) Also, check out THIS amazing song from the Hamilton musical that discusses this issue.
- First Party System.
- Washington’s Farewell Address
- Alien and Sedition Acts
- Document Analysis: Proclamation Line of 1763
- Document Analysis: Common Sense
- Document Analysis: Stamp Act
- Document Analysis: Political Cartoon Ratifying the Constitution
Below are links to videos that align with this unit.